If you’re just starting your new online business, welcome to the world of late nights and hard work!
Yes, there are such things as “Turn Key” and “Get Rich Quick” opportunities; in fact, if you’d like to be part of a great business opportunity, call me today (just kiddin’ – I love getting emails like that from old high school “friends” or even better, an old neighbor that talked to me maybe one time and now, all of a sudden, “…we should get together.”)
Sorry, got off on a bit of tangent there. So my clients know, I don’t do MLM or Network Marketing – just not my thing.
Anyway, one of the things you may have realized by now is that starting something new can be a bit scary.
- What if you FAIL?
- What if no one buys what you’re offering?
- What if you just can’t do this?
What is failure really?
Tony Robbins said this about failure:
I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.
Amen! Without failure how will you even know what success is? How many times did you fail to walk as a child before you actually figured it out? Did you give up or quit then?
To me, fear of failure can do one of two things for a person:
- Motivate to take action and do something different. As the quote says, “Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.”
- Hold a person back from changing their life, their income, or whatever.
Here’s an example of how I helped my 4 year old overcome his fear of getting his hair cut in addition to me practicing with iMovie on my Mac (you don’t have to watch the whole thing, just the first part):
(Audio works now thanks to @codykeith)
What can we learn from this?
- To overcome fears, JUST DO IT! I’ve been hesitant to use movie at my dance bag website, mostly because I’ve never really uploaded or edited film much. As you can see by this amateur video, I’m breaking my fears and actually liking it!
- Failure can be a big step towards HUGE success! Since this experience, my little boy has had no problem letting me cut his hair. It’s the same with running an online business – once you get one started, other ideas start coming too and there are no limits (just stay focused for a bit before you overwhelm yourself with so much that you get nothing accomplished.)
- Set specific goals to break a fear every day! This is a fun challenge that I would love to hear feedback on. What’s a fear you recently broke and how did it help you see results shortly after?
I’m excited to hear about how you break your fears and the positive results that come from getting over the Fear of Failure as you start an online business.