Businesses are taking advertising to a new level: directly targeted, lifetime marketing and a personal connection with a specific market segment. Brand is defined as “a name, term, sign, symbol, or design, or a combination of these, intended to identify the goods or services of one seller or group of sellers and to differentiate them from those of competitors.” (Principles of Marketing, Kotler, Armstorng, p. G1)
Perhaps the most distinctive skill of professional marketers is their ability to create, maintain, protect, and enhance brands of their products and services. Most consumers view a brand as an importnat part of a product, and branding can add value to a product. Branding has become so strong that today hardly anything goes unbranded.
Advantages of Branding to Buyers:
- Brand names help consumers identify products that might benefit them.
- Brands tell the buyer something about product quality.
- Buyers who always purchase the same brand know what they’re going to get in regard to features, benefits, and quality.
Advantages of Branding to Sellers:
- Brand name becomes the basis on which a whole story can be built about a product .
- Brand names provide legal protection for unique product features.
- Branding helps the sellere to segment markets. (General Mills can offer Cheerios, Wheaties, Total, Kix, Lucky Charms, etc. – not just one general product for everyone.)
Highlight Sports feels that allowing businesses to brand themselves for a lifetime on completely customized DVDs is a huge benefit to specific businesses. As you can see in the video below, clients watch customized DVDs over and over again and put a high value on preserving memories.
If this is something your business would like to be a part of or you’d like more information, email Nate at Moller Marketing today.